Jspreadsheet release notes
- New event: onbeforesend
- Controls: CTRL- to exclude rows and columns
- Picker.palette() to customize the colors from variables in the formulas.
- setStyle from the toolbar items will not apply style for filtered rows.
- Re-applying alignment on resetStyle
- New event: oncreatecolumn
- New spreadsheet property: moveDownOnEnter
- Formula calculations: Default value from zero to null when the cell is blank.
- Array calculations improved
- New Formula picker with cross-spreadsheet support.
- Toolbar default options have changed.
- New style: jss_light
- New extension: validations
- onbeforechange returns false to cancel the change event
- Matrix calculation refresh
- New event onbeforefilter to overwrite the options of the filter.
- setViewport to keep viewport position
- Keyboard arrows during the cell edition to move to another cell.
- Filter editor position
- No scrollY when tableOverflow + pagination is used, since the height is defined by the number of rows.
- New event onformulachain brings all information about the chain formula executions.
- onbeforepaste returns an array in all cases (paste from external or internal source).
- Rollback for the conditional jspreadsheet return. (To maintain compatibility with legacy declarations).
- jspreadsheet.destroy removes references to all worksheets
- wordWrap is deprecated.
- wrap is a new property that can be used on columns or cells to wrap the text.
- setData with a new argument to force Array or JSON to be returned
- Plugins.onevent to work with interception.
- Plugins.onselection is deprecated.
- defaultColAlign: default as null. The default is now defined by the CSS.
- defaultRowHeight: default as 23px.
- Type number default alignment to right. Can be overwritten via CSS (jss_number).
- updateTable load after formulas execution.
- setProperty, getProperty can update specific cell properties. Now includes history, persistence and changes to multiple records.
- Toolbar color picker to default the current selected cell property value (cursor).
- createWorksheet to return the new worksheet instance.
- Jspreadsheet returns the reference to the worksheets array.
- Image type accepts floating images.
- Keep the options.data reference when inserting new rows.
- Type fixes
- setWidth for hidden columns
- Spreadsheet scroll improvements
- Image type with options (absolute, width, height).
- Spreadsheet selection with shift improvement
- Viewport.refresh updates
- shiftFormula property for columns
- Better mobile navigation experience. Spreadsheet touch events updates.
- Formula picker
- Fixes for filter + add/delete rows combination
- New property rows[y].results: Boolean to identify records in the search/filter results
- beforeinit for Plugins
- Fixes for the programmatic set/reset freezeColumns
- Improvement of the CSS for freezeColumns + hidden index column
- Formulas on footers review
- New spreadsheet formula picker component
- getRange method automatic order correction fix
- updateState to get the current selection
- Better id synchronization when a column is defined as primaryKey.
- spreadsheet.toolbar as a method.
- Fixes when data cell === null and viewport is active to avoid console error on scroll.
- Internal automatic datatype identification for the spreadsheet: Json or Array based on column names
- getRange method to bring the selection as a range format.
- Spreadsheet toolbars resize when open a new worksheet or viewport resize.
- contextmenu types updates
- setData on readonly cells
- Copy and paste when filter/search is applied fixes
- setData to adjust to different grid dimensions
- setRowId server callback to update row ids
- getRowData returns a JSON or Array based on the initial data type
- Spreadsheet viewport fullscreen to cover all screen space
- Spreadsheet with empty data is now enabled
- It is now possible to delete the last row
- MinSpareRows and MinSpareCols on initialization
- Spreadsheet formula fixes
- Editor input CSS z-index update
- Automatically get the next available name when the spreadsheet worksheet name is not defined
- Webcomponent support has been included
- oncopy to support cancelation
- Get processed values with mask for cells that are not loaded
- Grid Onwheel behavior
- getChain fixes
- Dataype to define the type of data
- Automatic scroll adjustment for the last row/column
- New locked property on cells
- Basic spreadsheet formula plugin fixes
- NextJS compatibility changes
- Fixes for spreadsheet calendar mask
- Force Excel-like formulas on readonly cells on spreadsheet initialization
- Spreadsheet viewport improvements
- Touch events
- deleteRow rendering updates when using the spreadsheet viewport
- Border freeze
- Changing complex JSON data objects on insertRow
- Autocast improvements;
- Formify integration;
- Floating editor element, compatible with EMI
- Viewport loading navigation
- New formula engine
- New parent spreadsheet container
- Shared toolbar
- New contextmenu arguments
- New translation options
- New plugins and editors capabilities
Jexcel has been renamed to Jspreadsheet.
- Filter for individual columns
- Global license handler
- setExtensions, setDictionary
- Improvement to the scroll experience for lazyloading
- New tooltip properties for columns
- New arguments for the lazyloading events
- Formula caching adjustments
- New argument for onbeforepaste (style)
- New masking integration
- Filter for individual columns
- Update filters programmatically
- Validation property, native and custom rules
- Disabled internal sequence option for new records
- Custom divisor for options in the dropdown
- Toolbar with options
- Responsive autocomplete column
- textEditor to force input [input type='text'] for column type='number'
- New events to customize the search results: onbeforesearch and onsearch.
If you migrate from 7.6.1 to 7.7.0 and are dealing with the DOM elements of the tabs using el.children, that has been changed to el.tabs.headers.
- New tabs with navigation.
- Apply filters programmatically: filter(integer columnNumber, Object values)
- A new spreadsheet event: oncomments(DOMElement el, Object cells)
- New column methods: getColumnIdByName, getColumn, setColumn
- executeFormula with optional x, y references.
- InternationalKeyboard initialization property
- New jexcel_object class for external elements
- Better searching/filtering integration
- Automatic scroll during dragging or selection
- Freeze nested headers
- Freeze index numbers
- Wildcard domain certificate licenses
- Formula caching
- General formula engine refactoring
- Cross-worksheet formula updates and fixes
- Goto row method
- Merge selected cells
We are proud to release the new version of Jexcel. More performance and a better spreadsheet experience for the user.
- Cross-worksheet spreadsheet formula support
- Formula cache
- Multiple filter and search combination
- Spreadsheet with lazycolumns
- New mergeCells controllers
- Merge cell updates with insert/delete rows and columns
- Copy and paste with formulas shift updates
- New dragging/resizing controllers for columns and rows
- New copy/paste behavior, closer to other software behaviors
- Better record id management
- New arrow navigation
- Calendar and dropdown options
Not released to the public.
- setProperty to render changes in the column.
- Copy and paste formulas
- Formulas fixes on delete/insert rows
- setConfig to change dimensions
- setHeight to accept arrays of rows
- New flag and default: includeHiddenRowsOnCopy: false
- filterOptions with more obvious behavior
- Full screen with toolbars and worksheet tabs
- Worksheet new methods, and initial configuration
- Dropodwn with extra properties and filterOptions
- New toolbar with new default options
- New worksheet events
- New worksheet actions on contextmenu
- Security increased for formulas and editors
- Jsuites v3 integration
- New cross sheet relation editor
- Formula security
- Calendar filter, to create conditions before open
- New detached borders and copying indication border
- New formula and loading engine
- New faster navigation options
- Various native column type implementations
- New decouple custom column template object
- New cell property capable of setting a type for one specific cell
- HTML content compatibility
- Complete data and configuration persistence support
- Remote tables and multiple user table synchronization (jExcel Cloud)
- Fixed formulas on footers
- Formula can return DOM elements
- Dynamic column type changing
- Freeze columns
- Resize multiple columns
- New smart key navigation
- New smart merge cell methods
- Support for large tables, only loads what is necessary when using lazyloading or pagination
- Faster formula engine
- New native formula methods
- Super event: centralized event handler method
- Easier backend integration
- Better formula parsing
- New events
- New initialization options
- General fixes
- getMeta, setMeta methods
- NPM package with jSuites
- General fixes
jExcel v3 brings a lot of great new features:
- Drag and drop columns
- Resizable rows
- Merge columns
- Lazy loading
- Full-screen flag
- Image upload
- Native color picker
- Better mobile compatibility
- Better nested headers compatibility
- Amazing keyboard navigation support
- Better hidden column management
- Great data picker: dropdown, autocomplete, multiple, group options and icons
- Importing from XSLX (experimental)
Big improvements include:
- A completely new formula engine with no external dependencies with much faster results.
- Absolutely no selectors, meaning a much faster application
- New native columns
- No jQuery is required
- React, Vue and Angular examples
- XLXS support using a custom sheetjs (experimental).
We are glad to bring you the latest jquery plugin version, with the following improvements:
- Mobile touch fixes
- Paste fixes & new CSV parser
- New radio column
- New dropdown with autocomplete and multiple selection options
- Header/body separation for a better scroll/column resize behavior and compatibility
- Better text-wrapping, including alt+enter Excel compatibility
- New set/get meta information
- New set/get config parameters
- New set/get programmatic cell style
- New set/get cell comments
- New table custom toolbar
- New responsive calendar picker
- Checkbox column type improvements
- Destroy jquery table updates
- Spreadsheet data overflow and fixed headers. See an example
- Navigation improvements
- Relative insertRow, deleteRow, insertColumn, deleteColumn.
- Undo/Redo action tracker for insertRow, deleteRow, insertColumn, deleteColumn, moveRow
- New formula column recursive chain
- New Bootstrap-like alternative design option.
- updateSettings updates